KIX has strong document work flow support suitable for distributed collaboration.
- Full on-line document version control.
- Document stakeholders may subscribe to live documents.
- Remote subscriptions are supported, i.e. subscription may be registered to remote KIX servers.
- Stakeholder notification of changes to subscribed documents.
- Powerful document version comparison tools.
- Stakeholder feedback via targeted web conferences.
- The document review plugin allows for one threaded web conference per document line.
- Stakeholder notification of relevant web conference activities.
- Dependencies between live documents are supported even if the documents are stored on different KIX servers.
- A hotspot in the KIX framework allows for automation of the management of such dependencies.
- Document versions and their related discussion are remembered on-line with associated contexts for as long as is required (usually the life time of the organisation/collaboration).
The drafting of legislation would therefore benefit from the support of KIX.
The meticulious nature of legislation preparation would make it particularly suitable for support from KIX.
For more information on KIX see the KIX overview.