KIX has strong document work flow support suitable for distributed collaboration.
- Full on-line document version control.
- Document stakeholders may subscribe to live documents.
- Remote subscriptions are supported, i.e. subscription may be registered to remote KIX servers.
- Stakeholder notification of changes to subscribed documents.
- Powerful document version comparison tools.
- Stakeholder feedback via targeted web conferences.
- The document review plugin allows for one threaded web conference per document line.
- Stakeholder notification of relevant web conference activities.
- Dependencies between live documents are supported even if the documents are stored on different KIX servers.
- A hotspot in the KIX framework allows for automation of the management of such dependencies.
- Document versions and their related discussion are remembered on-line with associated contexts for as long as is required (usually the life time of the organisation/collaboration).
Collaborative budgeting would therefore benefit from the support of KIX.
KIX was originally designed to support collaborative-science-on-the-large (CERN, ITER, JET, ISS etc). Collaborative budgeting is a natural KIX spin-off.
The delecate and potentially controversial process of budgeting would make it particularly suitable for support from KIX.
For more information on KIX see the KIX overview.